Concrete and natural stone pavers are both excellent options. You will find many benefits of installing either one, but it all comes down to what you’re looking for in your design. Here is a comparative post to help you decide which may be a better paving solution for you.
What are the pros and cons of concrete pavers?
- Concrete pavers are a great option for homeowners who want a hard surface that’s easy to maintain and looks great.
- They’re available in a variety of colours, styles and sizes so they can be used in many applications.
- Concrete pavers are typically more resistant to stains and discolouration than natural stone.
- Concrete is usually easier to clean as it’s less porous. This means there’s less dirt trapped within the material itself which could lead towards cracking if left untreated over time due to excessive moisture buildup beneath these surfaces–an issue that won’t happen with concrete!
- Concrete is more affordable than natural stone.
- Extreme temperatures can cause concrete pavers to crack.
- Coloured concrete pavers tend to fade over time, whereas natural stone is a little more resilient.
Different types of concrete pavers
Perth concrete pavers come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Here are some popular options:
- Exposed aggregate
- Replica natural stone
- Coloured concrete pavers
What are the pros and cons of natural stone?
- It’s long-lasting
- Natural stone is incomparable when it comes to appearance and will add value to your property.
- There are many different types of natural stones from which you can choose for your pavers, so each individual paver will have its own unique appearance and colour variations within the same patterned area. This means that you’ll never have two identical pavers side-by-side!
- Natural stone is more expensive than concrete.
- Most natural stones are porous and will require sealing every 3 – 5 years to prevent deterioration from the elements.
Which will add more value to my home? Concrete pavers or natural stone pavers?
Concrete pavers are more affordable than natural stone pavers, which is why they’re a popular choice for homeowners. Concrete is also easier to install and maintain, which makes it an attractive option for those who don’t want to invest too much time or money into their paved areas. On the other hand, natural stones have become increasingly popular over the years due to their luxurious appearance and durability – and these qualities make them perfect for adding value to your home!
Different types of natural stone pavers
The type of stone that you use will depend on your preferences and the look you want to create. Granite and marble are both very popular options because they can be found in many colours, including shades of grey and ivory. Limestone is another popular choice because it’s softer and can be cut into more intricate patterns without breaking too easily. Travertine pavers also have a lot of texture but are lighter in colour than most other natural stones (usually white). Sandstone has a rougher surface than other types of natural stone pavers do; this makes them ideal for creating a rustic look at home or on your patio! Slate is another option if you’re looking for something even more rugged than sandstone–it has sharp edges that make for interesting patterns when installed together with other pieces like brick or concrete block pavers
Which is cheaper? Concrete pavers or natural stone pavers?
When it comes to cost, concrete pavers are much less expensive than natural stone. While concrete pavers may be cheaper upfront, they won’t last nearly as long as natural stone pavers will. This means that they will likely need replacing sooner than if you were to choose natural stone pavers.
Good quality natural stone pavers are an investment and rather than breaking down as they age, they stay structurally intact whilst remaining as beautiful as ever.
How to choose between concrete pavers and natural stone?
When you’re deciding between concrete pavers and natural stone pavers, there are a few things to consider. Concrete is a more affordable option than natural stone, but it doesn’t have the same level of durability, so it is not as long-lasting. Natural stone is more expensive than concrete but can last longer because it is made from actual rock.
Both types of paving can be used to create a range of different looks -from rustic to industrial so which one you choose will depend on your personal style and budget.
Both concrete pavers and natural stone have their own benefits that make them both a good alternative to traditional concrete. It all comes down to what you’re looking for in your home’s design
Concrete pavers are a great alternative to traditional concrete, and they’re much more affordable. They’re also easier to install than natural stone, so you don’t have to worry about hiring a contractor or having the right tools at home. However, concrete pavers won’t last as long as natural stone because they aren’t as durable; this means you’ll need to replace them after several years of use if you want them to look like new again.
Natural stones such as granite, marble and limestone are visually appealing but come with higher costs than concrete pavers. Although, some homeowners may be able to find deals on these materials if they shop around! Natural stones are also harder for homeowners who aren’t experienced professionals when it comes time for installation because these materials require special tools (like diamond blades) for cutting into each shape before installing onto any surface area within your home design scheme.
Speak to Perth’s leading paving specialists
We hope that we’ve been able to give you some insight into the benefits of both concrete pavers and natural stone. Both types of materials have their own unique qualities that make them appealing to homeowners looking for something new for their property. Ultimately, it comes down to you and your specific requirements and budget. Concrete is hard-wearing and affordable if natural stone is out of your budget. If you’re interested in learning more about how we can help with your next project, contact us at Bonita Stone today! We have stunning hand-crafted pavers suited to every paving job and budget, and we’d love to assist!
Comments are closed.